ADD ON - VIEWING ONLY
VIEW THE SWIM: SEALS/ DOLPHINS & COASTAL SNORKEL
Depart Christmas Cove Marina in Penneshaw on a 2-hour VIEW ONLY safari.
Choose this tour if you have friends and/or family going on our swim with seals/dolphins or coastal snorkel and you want to view and watch them from the same vessel.
Guests who book our swim with seals/dolphins or coastal snorkel have the opportunity to swim dolphins and seals, and you can enjoy viewing them from the vessel.
Travel beautiful coastline and enjoy informative commentary. Have the opportunity to witness seals basking on the rocks and often become interactive and playful with the swimmers in the water. Dolphins can be seen travelling alongside the vessel, as well as an abundance of birdlife including eagles, gulls and cormorants. A great family activity to undertake on the island and a wildlife experience not to be missed.
BOOKINGS CANNOT BE MADE ONLINE 3-HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE TIME. PLEASE CALL US ON 08 7082 9607 TO SEE IF WE CAN SCHEDULE YOU ON A TOUR.
Important Information About Your Viewing Safari
- Child rates apply for children aged 3-12 years.
- Adult rates apply for anyone over the age of 13 years.
- Food is not permitted to be eaten onboard the vessel unless given prior approval.
- These are wild animals and experiences change daily. It’s all up to the animals as to how interactive they become.
- Seal numbers vary throughout the different seasons. Numbers peak in winter and are at their lowest from Nov – Jan.
- No wheelchair access on board vessel
- You need to arrive at the Kangaroo Island Visitor Information Centre, 43 Howard Drive, Penneshaw 30-minutes prior to departure.
Viewing participants meets us at the Kangaroo Island Visitor Information Centre, 43 Howard Drive, Penneshaw, SA. You need to arrive 30-minutes before your tour time to get suited up and undertake safety instructions.
Dolphins are present year-round in the waters around Kangaroo Island.
Seal numbers vary throughout the different season. Numbers peak in winter and are at their lowest Nov-Jan.
Very. We operate primarily in the coastal waters around Kangaroo Island and don’t go out too deep. Our vessels are custom built for both safety and comfort, and our crew are experienced and have at minimum their coxswain certifications.
- A FULL refund is provided to guests if the tour is cancelled due to poor weather conditions and an alternative time is not established to undertake the tour.
- No refund is provided to guests for non-attendance at scheduled tour time.
- Guests can reschedule tour if required, however need to ensure that more than 48 hours’ notice is provided to Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari via telephone confirmation on +61 8 7082 9607.
- All bookings cancelled within 7 days of scheduled departure will incur a 50% charge of tour costs. Alternatively, a credit can be held for you to use within a 24-month time frame.
- All bookings cancelled within 48-hours of scheduled departure will not receive a refund, but a credit can be held for you to use within a 24-month time frame.
- If you arrive on a cruise ship and cannot get into Penneshaw on your Tender on the day, your tour will be cancelled (and you claim costs through travel insurance), or we can hold it for you to use within a 3-year time frame.
If you arrive on a cruise ship and cannot get into Penneshaw on your Tender on the day, your tour will be cancelled (and you claim costs through travel insurance), or we can hold it for you to use within a 3-year time frame.