75-MINUTE kangaroo island
Travel along the ancient Kangaroo Island coastline with the opportunity to see dolphins, seals, eagles and other birdlife. Enjoy an exhilarating ride along the beautiful Kangaroo Island coastline. Witness the pristine waters, stunning coastline and marine animals that inhabit this thriving environment. The skipper provides information commentary as you cruise along. This is a must-do activity while you are on the island.
This safari departs daily at 9:00am and 3:00pm and is suitable for all ages. Tours also depart at 5:00pm on request.
BOOKINGS CANNOT BE MADE ONLINE 3 HOURS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE TIME. PLEASE CALL US ON 08 7082 9607 TO SEE IF WE CAN SCHEDULE YOU ON A TOUR.
Important Information About Your Coastal Safari
- Infant rates apply to children 2 years and under.
- Child rates apply for children aged 3-12 years.
- Adult rates apply for anyone over the age of 13 years.
- Seniors, Concessions and Students must provide ID proof before boarding vessel.
- You need to arrive at Christmas Cove Marina 15-minutes before your departure time.
- Food is not permitted to be eaten onboard the vessel unless given prior approval.
- These are wild animals and experiences change daily. It’s all up to the animals as to how interactive they become.
- No wheelchair access on board vessel.
Christmas Cove Marina, Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island, SA, 5222. You need to arrive 15-minutes before departure time.
We do not guarantee seeing animals on Safari. These are wild animals and choose where they want to be and how much they want to interact. We do not force them into interactions.
Our staff are very experienced at running our Safari’s and know our local wild dolphin pods, seals and birdlife very well. They work hard to ensure you have a fantastic time out, know all the best places for a sighting and provide interesting and fun commentary on everything you see.
Dolphins are present year-round in the waters around Kangaroo Island.
Seal numbers vary throughout the different season. Numbers peak in winter and are at their lowest Nov-Jan.
Very. We operate primarily in the coastal waters around Kangaroo Island and don’t go out too deep. Our vessels are custom built for both safety and comfort, and our crew are experienced and have at minimum their coxswain certifications.
- A FULL refund is provided to guests if the tour is cancelled due to poor weather conditions and an alternative time is not established to undertake the tour.
- No refund is provided to guests for non-attendance at scheduled tour time.
- Guests can reschedule tour if required, however need to ensure that more than 48 hours’ notice is provided to Kangaroo Island Ocean Safari via telephone confirmation on +61 8 7082 9607.
- All bookings cancelled within 7 days of scheduled departure will incur a 50% charge of tour costs. Alternatively, a credit can be held for you to use within a 24-month time frame.
- All bookings cancelled within 48-hours of scheduled departure will not receive a refund, but a credit can be held for you to use within a 24-month time frame.
- If you arrive on a cruise ship and cannot get into Penneshaw on your tender on the day, your tour will be cancelled (and you claim costs through travel insurance), or we can hold it for you to use within a 3-year time frame.
If you arrive on a cruise ship and cannot get into Penneshaw on your tender on the day, your tour can be cancelled (and you claim costs through travel insurance), or we can hold it for you to use within a 3-year timeframe.